1. How do you collect personal information and what personal information do you collect?
We collect personal information from you when you provide information directly to us, for example, when you contact us on the Site or make a Service Request.
Examples of personal information we collect and use are:
- Your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number
- Your location
- Your vehicle information
- Other personal information required to provide you with our products and services.
Like many websites, we collect personal information when you use the Site. Examples of personal information we may automatically collect when you use our Site are:
- Your computer’s operating system, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, your location
- Your access times, language, the website that referred you and your usage and activity on our Site.
We may use third-party analytics services, cookies and other online tracking technologies to help analyze how you use our Site.
2. How do you use my personal information?
WeeL may use and share your personal information for the following purposes:
- Administering and processing our services and products
- Notifying you of the closest Service Partner
- Generating statistics, measure the Site activities, personalize your experience on our Site, and detecting and preventing security threats
- Understanding customer’s automotive needs and to increase awareness of the WeeL’ brand, products and services
- Helping us develop and market our brand, products, services, promotions and advertising.
- Communicating with you about our vehicles, new contests, promotions, rewards, special offers, upcoming events, and other news about WeeL and our selected partners
- Processing and delivering contest entries and rewards
- Communicating with you about our products and sending you related information, including confirmations, brochures, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support
- Responding to requests for comments, questions or other requests for information
- Other purposes that we identify to you from time to time
2.1 Can I opt out?
If at any time you decide you no longer want to receive communications from WeeL or our selected partners, such as special offers, upcoming events or other marketing information, you can opt out. You can unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe function in the email you receive. Please allow 5-7 business days to process your request. Note that we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account or our ongoing business relations.
3. How do you keep my personal information safe?
WeeL retains your personal information only as long as necessary or relevant for the purposes we identified or as required by law. We have implemented reasonable safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information, from unauthorized disclosure, access or loss.
If WeeL uses third parties such as service providers, WeeL requires such service providers to use similar safeguards to those used by WeeL, and also requires service providers to limit access to your personal information and to keep it strictly confidential. Service providers are only permitted to use your personal information for the sole purpose of carrying out services on behalf of WeeL.
Your personal information may be stored and/or processed or otherwise used by or on behalf of WeeL both inside and outside of Canada. If a service provider is located outside Canada, your personal information may be processed and stored in a country that has laws that are different from those in Canada, and where the government (e.g. the United States) may be able to obtain disclosure of your personal information under its local laws.
4. What about third party links?
The information collected online permits WeeL to analyze traffic patterns on our Site, enabling us over time to provide visitors with a better experience by improving the content and making it easier to use.
You may be able to set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie and disable cookies. Please note, if you disable cookies, some areas of the Site may not function properly.
6. How do you share my personal information?
7. How can I access my personal information?
If you request, we will let you know what personal information WeeL has about you, what it is being used for, and with whom it has been shared. If you notice any inaccuracies or wish to update any part of your personal information, we will look into that as well.
WeeL will provide you with access to your personal information that is in our possession, subject to certain exceptions, including information that is referenced to another individual’s personal information that cannot be severed, or information subject to solicitor-client privilege, or other legal restrictions that may prevent us from fulfilling your request.